Pace of walk:
1Gentle: This walk will follow a gentle pace.
2Moderate: This walk will follow a moderate pace.
3Brisk: This walk will follow a brisk pace.
1Easy: Mainly flat walking, on paths with good surfaces. Few steps or stiles, if any.
2Fairly Easy: Gentle, rolling landscape, walking on paths with good to average surfaces. Some walking on gentle inclines, some stiles or steps to be expected en route.
3Moderate: Varying landscape with some more challenging slopes. Stiles and steps to be expected en route, suitable for keen walkers and anyone who is reasonably active.
4Fairly Strenuous: A challenging walk, suitable for fit walkers with some experience. Steep gradients, stiles and steps and uneven surfaces to be expected.
5Strenuous: A very challenging walk suitable only for fit, experienced walkers.
- Walkers need to be reasonably agile and mobile. Not suitable for walkers with mobility impairment of any kind.
- Suitable for a person with sufficient mobility to climb a flight of stairs.
- Suitable for a person with restricted walking ability and for those that may need to use a wheelchair some of the time.
- Suitable for a person who depends on the use of a wheelchair.
- Suitable for medium sized mobility scooters.